Monday, April 5, 2010

country road take me home...

In an earlier post I had mentioned 2 orphanage volunteering options that seemed promising. However, I thought that it would be cool to volunteer at the orphanage that I was from. This orphanage is called Fu Yang Social Welfare Institution and is located in Zhe Jiang province. I called and emailed a women named Sophie and asked if she could possibly contact the orphanage I was from and see if they would allow us to volunteer there. Sophie has worked with my family a lot in regards to communicating with people in China for us. She's been a huge help. Anyways she contacted them back and told me that it would be fine for us to volunteer at the orphanage but we would need to get the governments approval to be there. As of now we are waiting for the approval.

It would be really awesome to be able to visit the orphanage that I was from and volunteer there. I am praying and hoping that the Chinese government approves.


No comments:

Post a Comment